Welcome to my new home on the world wide internet!!!! I am so happy to be here. As a writer, I am excited about the opportunities of expression this blog offers to me. I hope that you will enjoy reading it as much as I know I will enjoy writing it!
For my first entry, I would like to tell you what you can expect from me as the writer of this blog. I would also like to give you an idea of the types of things I will be writing about.
1) As the writer of this blog, you can expect me to be open and honest about my feelings concerning a specific subject or opinion. I may elect to not share my feelings at all, but when I do I will not lie and feed you a bunch of craziness.
2) I will do my very best to ensure any information I share with you is true. However, as a disclaimer, there is a lot of misinformation floating around in cyberspace and various media. Therefore, I will do my best to run checks on anything that claims to be current news. Whether it is through scopes.com or another resource, I will check it out. But, I am not perfect so please forgive me if I goof up.
3) While I want my blog to be a fun place to visit the majority of the time, please know that I will delve into some serious subjects from time to time. I don't like Debbie Downers, so writing about how the world is so terrible it is coming to an end is not my cup of tea. I want to inspire, not depress you.
4) My material for writing will most probably come from one of several places. The first is the news. Who can resist writing about things in the news? I am not necessarily talking about politics. I want to share and comment on good news that makes you feel good and/or gives you food for thought.
Secondly, my writing material will be based on my real life experiences. I may write about my time I spent as the Manager of Treatment at a hardware secure one day and then my life as a preacher's daughter the next. Yes, the subject matter will probably change from day to day, but hopefully that will make life on my blog interesting.
5) I will not write using foul language and will, in fact, use good and proper English. I may, when wanting to put emphasis on a particular issue or opinion, use a colloquialism. But, it will be the exception instead of the rule.
6) Finally, I want you to feel good as the result of having been here. I want you to want to come back and read me often. So, I will do my best to whet your interest through my words regardless of what the subject matter may be.
Okay, I've done it. I have made my first blog entry. I have had fun sharing with you what you can expect from me. I will not be following a schedule for writing. I may write two or three times a day or it may be once a week. If I followed a schedule that would be too much like work for me. I am retired and anything that seems to resemble work does not excited me!
I will be sharing when I make a blog entry on Facebook. So, if you are one of my Facebook friends, you will be notified. However, if you aren't a Facebook friend, I am sorry but you will just have to check back often for any new blog entries. I have researched notification programs and they are far too complicated and technical for me to fool with.
Until next time...Becky